Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chu 4 - Famous Delicacy of Teluk Intan

Ya, I know.. I'm a bit out dated. Keep posting back dated post on CNY although the festival is over for quite some time. Anyway, who cares!! That's my blog. I like to blog whenever I want. =P

Basically, nothing much to do on the forth day of CNY and this time I want to share about Teluk Intan local food that I must eat when ever I'm back to my hometown. =D


Leaning Tower

Let me introduce myself briefly once again. I'm from Teluk Intan, a small town in Perak. The main attraction of the town is the Leaning Tower (Menara Condong). The tower was built in the year 1885 by a Chinese contractor, Leong Choon Cheong and was originally used as a water tank to store portable water during dry season for the people living nearby. The reason why the tower leans is because the tower was built on the soft ground, as well as the weight of the water in the water tank causes it to lean towards the southwest.  

The huge clock

It is also used as a time keeper of the town as there is a huge clock on top of the tower. The tower also served as a beacon to guide ships into Teluk Intan Port. Currently it is a local tourist attraction, and no longer stores water. The area around the tower was paved with bricks and become a plaza. The main street at the centre of Teluk Intan, Jalan Ah Cheong, is named after Leong Choon Cheong to commemorate his contribution.

Become a plaza with attraction of tourists. 

Colorful lights

One of the famous delicacy in Teluk Intan is the "Chee Cheong Fun", a variation of Kueh Teow containing turnip, deep fried aromatic shallots and crispy deep fried dried shrimps. In order to earn more money from those outstation people, the price is getting more expensive from year to year, especially during CNY. A friend of mine told me that, the price had increase to RM4.20 per packet. @_@ Once the price is going up, it will not goes down anymore. It's so damn sucking blood for the local people. While as for KL people, they might think that it is still consider very cheap. If compared with KL "Chee Cheong Fun", it is definitely different. The specialty of Teluk Intan "Chee Cheong Fun" is must eat with green assorted dried chili. Trust me, it is very yummy-licious!! =D Do you believe that I can wallop 2 - 3 packets?? If I'm hungry. Hehe.. =P

Chee Cheong Fun with green assorted dried chili

Next is Mee Rebus. You can get Mee Rebus every where in Teluk Intan. But, do you know where to get a delicious Mee Rebus? Many of my hometown friends will recommend Ah Wah Mee Rebus, as they said Ah Wah Mee Rebus is the best if compared to other place in Teluk Intan. But, as for me, I'm not prefer their Mee Rebus. Hmm, I don't know why. Maybe it is not my taste. =D I'm more prefer the Mee Rebus that sold at a small stall which is located along Jalan Sungai Nibong.  But unfortunately, the Mee Rebus stall has been closed down due to the increasing age of the owner. Anyway, I found another nice Mee Rebus in Anson Town Kopitiam, which is located inside the Anson Industrial Park.

Mee Rebus with crispy crackers

Mee Rebus is basically a boiled noodle dish served with a moderately spicy and sweet gravy; as well as crispy type of crackers. The crackers are simply mixed with flour and other ingredients, lastly deep fried it. Not forgetting to squeeze the Limau Kasturi into the sauce and mixed around before eating it. It is definitely very appetizing once you have your first bite on it. =D



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Emmie's E-Diary@2012 . Template Design By: SkinCorner